Q. What are we about?
A. Our aim is to be ‘bringing Christ and His love to our communities.’
Q. What are ‘our communities’?
A. We have connections with many friends in the local area. Some join us for worship, others for the various activities we run and still others who have come to know us and drop in from time to time. We also have close links with the local Nepalese community.
Q. Where do we meet?
A. Our Chapel is on Yorktown Road, just past the Memorial Park if you are heading towards the railway station. Our Chapel Hall is on the same site.
Q. Who’s our minister?
A. This is Rev. Pete Evens (often known as Pastor Pete).
Q. How big is the church?
A. The building is not large; it seats about 50 comfortably. There’s a similar number of people who form the core of our community and it is the people who are the church.
Q. When do we meet for worship?
A. Each Sunday at 10.30am. We have a Communion service on the first Sunday of each month. We also join with Sandhurst Churches Together for evening services each month. The Chapel is often open on weekdays for prayer for anyone who wants to drop in.
Q. What other activities are there?
A. All sorts of events take place, but the regular activities are –
- Discussion Group: usually meets every other week for informal chat exploring all kinds of subjects and issues
- SBC at Home: is a house group meeting each week in school term time, for fellowship, Bible study and prayer
- Prayer Supper: a monthly occasion to share a meal and explore different ways of praying
- Lunch Club: meets fortnightly in school term time, in our Chapel Hall for home cooked meals and a time of friendship and fun. Sometimes the meeting is at ‘The Bird in Hand’.
- Coffee Mornings: are monthly social occasions open to friends, neighbours and anyone passing by.
- Social events: take place about every other month. They are open to all and the programmes includes Music Night, Quiz Night, Party games, BBQ …
- SOL English classes are held each week during term time and other activities are provided once or twice a month, for our (mostly) Nepalese friends. Volunteer helpers are welcome.
Our Hall is available for hire and is used for a further range of activities.
Contacts for further information
- Church Office: 01252 879 088
- Pastor: Pete Evens 07776 188 587 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Secretary: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SBC.Berkshire/