Sunday 19 January, 10.30am Service | Leader: Selwyn Skone
Speaker: Pete Evens | Theme: Finding God at Depth: Psalm 42
Sunday 19th January, 12.00pm Church Meeting, followed by lunch. We hope as many Church Members as are able will attend the meeting. It will take place in the Chapel so we can make use of the projector and so save printing then shredding lots of paper.
The meeting is open to other members of our church family to attend, though not to vote when decisions are made.
The week ahead:
- Monday 20 January: SOL Creative Activities, 10.30am (Chapel Hall)
- Monday 20 January: Prayer Supper, 7.00pm (Chapel Hall)
- Tuesday 21 January: Lunch Club, noon (Chapel Hall)
- Tuesday 21 January: Discussion Group, 7.00pm (Chapel Hall)
- Tuesday 21 January: RPH Prayer, 7.30pm (Chapel)
- Wednesday 22 January: SBC at Home, 7.30pm (164 College Rd)
- Thursday 23 January: SOL English Classes, 10.00am (Chapel & Hall)
Next Sunday 26 January, 10.30am Service | Leader: Peter Ratcliffe
Speaker: Fay Cumberland | Theme: Finding God at Depth: Psalm 51
Other events and information:
- Tuesday 28 January: Social Event – Dinner at the Bird in Hand, 6.00pm. Last call! This first Social Event of the year was suggested after the success of the ‘Dinner at Shenai’ event last summer. To book a place please contact Louise ASAP. Thanks
- Monday 3 February : Coffee Morning 10.00-noon (Chapel Hall). We will need some help with making drinks and washing up at this event. If you can assist, please let Louise know.
- 18-25 January : Week of Prayer for Christian Unity. Materials on the theme of ‘Unusual Kindness’ have been prepared by churches in Malta and Gozo. They include ‘On 10th Feb., Christians in Malta celebrate the Feast of the Shipwreck of St Paul, giving thanks for the arrival of Christian faith on their islands. The people who showed ‘unusual kindness’ to Paul and his companions then did not yet know Christ, and yet through them a divided people were drawn closer together. Our own Christian unity will be discovered not only through showing hospitality to one another, but also through loving encounters with those who do not share our language, culture or faith. As Paul will proclaim in Rome, this salvation of God has been sent to all peoples.’
- Situation Vacant. Our local Methodist Church friends are wanting to appoint a Children, Youth & Families Worker. This would be full-time post, or they would consider two part time posts. Details of salary and application process are available.
The closing date to apply is noon, Friday 7th February.