Sunday 23 February | 10.30am Service | Leader: Peter Ratcliffe
Speaker: Selwyn Skone | Theme: Finding God at Depth – Psalm 116. Everyone is welcome to stay after the service for tea, coffee and conversation in the Chapel Hall.
The week ahead …
- Monday 24 February: Prayer Supper, 7.00pm (Chapel Hall). On this occasion thoughts will be guided by “using sculpture, art and music as an aid to personal devotional prayer.”
- Tuesday 25 February: Lunch Club, noon (chapel Hall). Please let us know if you plan to attend.
- Tuesday 25 February: Discussion Group 7.00pm… is meeting at Colin’s home this week and considering the questions “Is Amazon good, or is it killing the High Street and dominating the retail market too much? How important is the High Street in today’s society?”
- Tuesday 25 February: RPH Prayer Meeting, 7.30pm (Chapel)
- Wednesday 26 February: SBC at Home, 7.30pm (Liz and Selwyn’s house)
- Thursday 27 February: SOL English Classes, 10.00am (Chapel & Hall)
- Saturday 29 February: Social- Quiz and Chips, 6.30-9.30pm (Chapel Hall). Places for this event needed to be booked in advance. Please check with Louise if you have not yet ‘signed up’.
Next Sunday 1 March | 10.30am Communion Service | Leader and speaker: Pete Evens
Other events and information
- Tuesday 25 February is Shrove Tuesday. The name comes from the Christian ritual of ‘shriving’, which is about confessing sin and receiving absolution.
- Wednesday 26 February is Ash Wednesday the first day of Lent, which is so called because it is the time when days are lengthening in the northern hemisphere. Lent lasts just over six weeks, leading up to Easter and is a time of self-reflection. It
traditionally includes fasting from certain foods or luxuries.
- Wednesday 4 March: Prayer for Quench Christian Bookshop. At St George’s Church, an evening of prayer for the work of Quench and their staff is planned. Many Christian Bookshops are under threat from Internet shopping etc and many of the local staff have had a rough 12 months for other reasons. From 7.30pm there will be refreshments and the chance to look at a small stall. From 8pm, an hour of prayer will be led by Ali Ceaser and team. All are welcome to attend.
- Friday 13 March: Clean-up Day (10am-4pm). There are various outside and inside jobs to do. If you are not available on that day but willing to do some particular jobs at another convenient time, please let Louise know.
- Sunday 29 March: Anyone for Curry? at 1.00pm in the Day Centre. Cllr Pauline McKenzie, Mayor of Bracknell Forest, is hosting a lunch in aid of this charity. There will be a selection of curries and side dishes followed by dessert. Meat or vegetarian
lasagne can be provided instead. Please advise when booking. Tickets: £15 per head to include a free drink. BYO additional drinks. To buy tickets call Carole on 01344 771 431 or the Day Centre on 01252 877 601