Sunday 5 April | 10.30am | Home Service 3. An act of worship for us to share at the same time, if not in the same place, is on its way. To be used in conjunction with – Read Mark, Learn – 2020-04-05 Read Mark Learn Palm Sunday
Bible accounts suggest for Jesus events unfolded as follows:-
- Palm Sunday – Triumphal entry to Jerusalem
- Monday – The clearing of the Temple.
- Tuesday – Teaching in the Temple and on Mount of Olives
- Wednesday – At Bethany. Judas arranges betrayal.
- Maundy Thursday – Passover Feast/ Last Supper
- Good Friday – Trial, Crucifixion and Burial
- Saturday – Body under guard in the tomb
- Easter Day – Resurrection.
Friday 10 April |10.30am | Home Service for Good Friday. We planned to meet in Chapel on Good Friday, but instead a Home Service has been prepared by Louise. This will be sent out nearer the time along with the next step in our Read Mark, Learn journey.
Other events and information
- Baptist Union Prayer Broadcasts. We are invited to share a time of prayer every Wednesday and Sunday evening at 7pm. To see these please use the link
- A message from Joth Hunt. Our regional ministers have decided to produce
a video clip each week to offer a word of support and encouragement. Joth’s theme is ‘Embracing Vulnerability’. See him at https://youtu.be/q1gYLT6twco
- Online Worship Services. Several churches in our Southern Counties Association have opened their Sunday worship to others. Both live streaming and pre-recorded
services available. You can find the list of churches on the website: http://www.scba.org.uk/cv-updates.html
- A request for help. We have been asked to share the following “Anyone with a spare room(s), locally, and willing to rent this to locum doctor(s) who will be working at Broadmoor Hospital (6 months or so), please contact Janet Holding, Junior Doctor Co-ordinator, Broadmoor Hospital, 01344 754802 or e-mail: Janet.Holding@westlondon.nhs.uk”
- Christian Aid Week… planned for 10-16 May will not be going ahead as planned and the Quiz due to be held at St George’s has been postponed. Christian Aid and partners have experience of limiting the spread of infection from the Ebola crisis so will help poor communities if coronavirus infection rates start to develop in them. We are asked to pray for their work and, if able, to support them with a donation.
Details are on their web site or call 020 7523 2493 to donate.
- Did ye seek and find? In case you were wondering about the quiz set last week…
Jericho lost its walls. Joseph had an ornate robe. Jonathan was a son of Saul. Jephthah sacrificed his daughter. By Jabbok river Jacob met an angel. Jezebel’s end was in Jezreel. Jochebed hid her son in a basket. Jeremiah was ‘lamentatious’. Joel called for trumpets in Zion. Jogli was Bukki’s dad.
Contacts for further information
Church Office: 01252 879 088
Pastor: Pete Evens 07776 188 587 | email@example.com
Church Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org